Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Storage Ideas

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you all had a fantastic day!  Today, I am linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper for her Tried it Tuesday party!  I love reading about all of the fun things everyone has tried...I have gotten some fantastic ideas from you all!

Today, I want to talk to you about storage.  Teachers have lots of stuff and we have to become very creative when it comes to storing our stuff.  In my last classroom, I was blessed with an amazing closet to store everything.  My classroom this year does not have any closet and very little storage.  Over the summer, I was on pinterest and I came across a great way to to store all of the little desk things teachers have (paper clips, pens, binder clips, extra staples).  I did not want to crowd my desk drawers with all of this stuff so I made an organizer for all of it.


I bought the box at Lowes for about $16.  It is supposed to hold nails and such, but it works great for school supplies.  I bought some fun scrap book paper and made labels for each drawer.  I keep this on a book shelf behind my desk so it easy to access.  I do keep post it notes on my desk and pens and pencils in my desk, I use this mostly to keep the extras of everything.  I love it and have gotten so co-workers asking where they could buy.  I had to tell them I made it!

Another great storage idea I use when I had a closet was an over the door shoe holder.  It held all of my extra supplies and my kid supplies.  It worked great too! I wish I had a picture of that, but it I don't.

What are some of your most useful storage ideas?  I would love to know!

Have a great night!
Rosie



2 comments:

  1. I love the over the door shoe holder too!! I use it at home- don't have a closet at school either. :-P
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a lot of people had this storage unit customized over the summer. At first I thought it looked so much bigger than it must be. What are the dimensions approximately? Thanks so much for sharing!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete