Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Five for Friday

Well, my spring break is coming to a close and I am sad.  I know that the sooner I a go back to school, the sooner school will be over, but it is so nice to be home with no agenda and not having to worry about anything!  It does not help that the weather has been beautiful all week! Today, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Five for Friday.  


fiveforfriday


Here are top five things from spring break (in no particular order):

1. My sister's bridal showers.  My yonger sister, Sarah, is getting married in a few weeks.  Last week-end, we had two bridal showers for her.  It was so nice to see her blessed my many people.  She is a great sister and I am excited for her to marry Steven.


Sarah with her cake!


A picture of my two sisters and I.  Rebecca is on skype because she lives in the Netherlands with her husband and two kids.  She joined us through skype while Sarah openned her presents.  It was like she was here!  Her and Sarah are identical twins too!

2. The Culinary Institute of America.  I have lived near the Culinary all of my life, but had never been until this week.  On Wednesday, a few of my teaching friends and I went for lunch and it was amazing!  It was so good that I took my mom for breakfast on Thursday. This place could be dangerous for me when summer rolls around!

3. Wednesday with friends.  On Wednesday, three of my fellow teachers came up to New York to spend the day with me and see where I live.  It was so much fun to take them around and show them my neck of the woods.  We could not have asked for a more perfect day.  


Me, Jessica (from Joy in the Journey), Lindsay and Lauren on the Walkway over the Hudson

4. Great deals.  This week I have scored some great deals on clothes and books.  I love shopping especially when I find great deals.  I think the best deal was the 28 books I scored at a local library for only $1.


All of these books for $1!!!

5. Relaxing.  I am happy to say I did a great deal of relaxing this week, which was much needed.  I enjoyed not really having an agenda and just lounging around.  I even managed to cut out lots of laminating while relaxing on the couch.  I am sad to see spring break go, but I am excited to hear about all of my students' adventures during spring break!

Well, I am off to enjoy the rest of my Friday and the last few days of spring break!  Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Rosie




1 comment: