Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Five For Friday...a day late (again!)

Happy Saturday!  I am enjoying a quick trip to sunny Florida this week-end to support my brother and his service in the United States Army Reserve. This has been a long week of saying good-bye to my students, enjoying end of the year activities and packing up my room.  I feel like Monday was weeks ago!  I am once again linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their ever fabulous Five for Friday!



1. Extra Field Trip- Our school had a contest earlier in the year where the students sold lines in a program for a fundraiser.  To get the students to sell more they offered classes prizes for how many they sold.  Well my class won the contest by selling 180 Boosters.  We received every prize that was given, including the Grand Prize of an extra field trip.  My class went to a local park for lunch and to play.  It was hot, but the students had a fantastic time.  


I told Jorge, he looked like he was in jail!


Swings were a big hit...I even played on them!

2. End of the Year Yard Sale-  This was our 'Y' day in our end of the year count down.  The students took the extra tickets they earned and placed them in cups that were by certain prizes.  We then drew a ticket for the winner of each prize.  Some of the favorite prizes were: a little football, a Chick-Fil-A water bottle, books, Yankee Stadium picture and newspaper and a small purse.


The tables of prizes.


Deciding how many tickets to put in a cup.

3. End of the Year Celebration- On our last day of school, we had a party where I gave the students gifts, played some fun games and ate wonderful food.  I decided to do some minute to win it games...they had a blast!  I also let them clean their desk with shaving cream, which they loved too!


We tried to get a cookie from our forehead to our mouth without using our hands!  I definitely got cookie crumbs in my eye!


Fifth graders loved playing with shaving cream!  Our principal walked in when were cleaning our desks.  I was grateful it did not come up in my evaluation!


They blew me away this year!

 

Signing beach balls because we had a BALL this year!



Playing another game where we had to fan tissue paper fish with plates into a basket.

4. 100 Followers- I hit 100 followers this week.  I am planning a fantastic giveaway and I am still looking for donations.  If you would like to donate click HERE to fill out the form.  I am hoping to go live on Thursday!

5. My Class- It has been a rough year, but I made it through.  I was sad to see my students go, but I told them they will always be special in my heart because they were my first 5th grade class!  We had our ups and down, but I think it was a great year!



The Girls


The Boys (minus one)


Group Hug


Attempt to take a group picture...not so successful!

Well, I am off to enjoy the rest of my week-end in Florida.  I am excited to get back to regular blogging and making some items for TpT.  Have a great rest of your week-end!

Rosie



No comments:

Post a Comment