1. Spending Time with my Nephews- My sister and brother-in-law were in town for our sister Sarah's wedding. Last week-end I got to spend some much needed quality time with my nephews before they headed back to the Netherlands where they live! Charlie got a hold of my phone and decided to take some pictures of us!
2. Tuesday Night in the City- Tuesday night, Jessica from Joy in the Journey and Becky from Compassionate Teacher went into New York City to celebrate the ending of school. We ate at a wonderful Irish Pub and then did a little shopping at The Strand Book Store. We got lots of great finds for $1 or $2. It was a fun night!
3. Spanish Restaurant- Thursday, our sophomores put on a Spanish restaurant for the teachers. We were greeted at the door and shown to our seats. They gave us menus. They had to talk all in Spanish, but were nice enough to translate for me!
Lindsay and I enjoying our milk shakes!
4. Olympic Day- Yesterday was Olympic Day at my school. We were forced to be inside in the morning because of rain, but were able to go outside in the afternoon. The kids had lots of fun! I was on the blue team and I don't want to brag, but....WE WON!!!! It was a close race, but we took home the first place ribbon and have bragging rights for a year!
5. Birthday Cards- We celebrated summer birthdays on Thursday and my birthday happens to be the week after school. Jessica had her class make birthday cards for me on Thursday and this one was my favorite.
My favorite part is the last line...Orange Lover...They all know my favorite color is orange and the majority of my cards were on orange construction paper! I love these cards and plan on keeping them with other cards my students have made me in the past!
Well, that is my week in review a little late! This next week brings packing, cleaning, graduations, fun activities and saying good bye. This year has not been easy, but I am going to miss my students. We had some fun times and I will miss them!