Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted and freebie!

Only four more Mondays!!!!  I don't know why I am getting so much joy in counting down Mondays!  Tomorrow there are 26 days left until school is out and my teaching partner and I have come up with a fun thing for each of the last 26 days of school.  We stole/borrowed this idea from the cute girls at Collaboration Cuties.  Tomorrow is Apple day for the letter A!  We are bringing in apples for all of our students!  



Tonight I am linking up with Flying into First Grade for her Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party.  I love learning about each of you each week.  Here is this week's questions...

1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?

I don't know what truly made me want to become a teacher.  I loved playing school and pretending.  I think I just thought it would be fun.  I was in band and we would go to competitions and I always wanted to be one of the teachers over on the side proudly watching his or her students. I just knew I wanted to teach.  I was one of the few in high school that declared a major going into college. 

2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?

I think some of my most rewarding moments happened last year.  I worked at a Christian school and I would start each day with a devotion from the kids version of Jesus Calling.  We would do it every day and the kids loved it.  When the end of the year came the only thing I wanted to get my students was this book.  It was going to be quite expensive to get 20 copies so I just prayed and looked for something else to get them.  I went to the Scholastic Warehouse sale with mom (if you have never been, GO it is awesome!) and was looking through their fill a box for $25 aisle.  I moved a box and their were a stack of the Jesus Calling books, the kid edition!  I was so excited and knew it was God. The rewarding part was receiving an email from a parent the week after school thanking me for touching her child's life and instilling quiet time with God each day.  She told me her daughter will not get out of bed in the morning without doing her devotion.  It made my heart happy to hear that!  If my kids learned nothing else, I hope they learned the importance of spending time with God.


3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?

I would probably do some sort of Administrative work for a theatre company.  I love theatre and actually spent the first three years after college working in the education department of a regional theatre.  I would also love to not work at all and just volunteer at some non-profit organizations.  I am not sure that will ever happen!  

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Here is a quick freebie for you!  I am getting ready to send out our mid-quarter warning notices and I made this form for students who are missing work.  I copy the slips on pink paper and we call them pink slips.  The students do not like getting them and I hate to write them, but I always have students who do not turn in all of their work.  I give them this one chance to make up this work or their grade will suffer.


 That's all for now!  Have a great evening!

Rosie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosie,

    I played pretend school growing up too but I didn't know I wanted to be a teacher until my JUNIOR year in college!

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris
    Mrs. Harris Teaches Science!

    ReplyDelete