1. This week I felt appreciated by my students and my school. I was greeted each day with a little treat that had a special quote and message.
I was also given so lovely cards and drawings. I love receiving student's artwork. This was one of my favorites this week.
2. My fifth graders went on their first field trip this week. We traveled to the Newark Museum on Wednesday and we had a fantastic time! The students participated in two workshops one of Greek and Roman History and one of Forensic Science. The students had a blast and learned a lot too!
Students studied their finger prints and then compared it to a fingerprint they lifted off a glass.
Students also learned about blood typing and were being detectives to try and figure out what type of blood they had.
Students learned the art of imprinting on sheet metal. They made some very cool pieces of art.
Two of the pieces of artwork.
3. Last week, I introduced math game Fridays to my students. I told them for the rest of the year we would play a math game on Friday, either as a whole class or in small groups. Last week, we played a whole class math game with my ipad called Math Quiz Show. It is by Lakeshore Learning and it is fantastic. The questions were mind stretching for my students, but not to bad where they were getting frustrated. This week we played games in partners. Over the summer I bought, Mix and Match Games: Math from Mailbox. It is a book that it has 10 game boards that can be mixed and matched with 10 different task card. I have used the game boards for everything, but this Friday I broke out the task cards. The students had a blast reviewing different concepts with these games!
4. I reached 50 followers!!! I am actually at 60 followers!! One of my May goals was to reach 50 followers by the end of May. I never imagined I would reach it by May 6th! I love to give things away so I am having a 50 follower giveaway. Go HERE to enter. You could win four book and two items from my TPT store!
5. This week-end my helped out and attended a girls conference at my church. It was a one day event that was fabulous. It was part of the reason why I am not getting this post done until now! The theme was Chosen and the verse it was based on was Isaiah 62:5: And as the Bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you. We had the church decorated like a wedding reception. It was beautiful! Ladies from the church brought in their wedding dress and we had them hanging along the back for people to see. It was amazing!
The sanctuary all decorated!
The Food and Dresses
This dress was worn in 1927!
It has been a long week! Only six more weeks left of school and five Mondays! Hope you all have a great rest of your week-end and a Happy Mother's Day to all the blogging mothers!