Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

I climbed a mountain today!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!  I hope all of you who are out of school are enjoying your first summer week-end and those still in school got a boost of energy to make it a few more days!  I feel very accomplished this week-end.  Yesterday, I did laundry, graded a ton of papers, cleaned the kitchen and started to pack for my sister's wedding.  If that wasn't enough I decided to climb a mountain today, Mount Beacon.  A friend of mine wanted to go hiking and she asked if I wanted to tag along.  I said sure why not!  I am not a bigger hiker, but I thought it couldn't be that hard...I was so wrong!  We decided to climb Mount Beacon in Beacon, NY.  Before you actually get on the trail, you have to climb ten flights of stairs.  They were the worst part.  I was having a bit of breathing issues after the stairs so I decided to go back down to the car and wait while my friend climbed the rest.  I finally caught my breath and relaxed enough and thought I am not just going to sit here, I am going to climb those stairs at least one more time.  So, I climbed the stairs and just kept going.  I took many breaks and questions whether I was ever going to make it, but I pushed through and made it!  I made it to the top of the mountain!  I have run a few half marathons, but am not in shape at all.  This was a huge accomplishment and I am so glad it did it!  I felt like I could conquer the world today!

Me at the top of Mount Beacon!

The view from the top...it was so clear today, we could see for miles!

Christina and I at the top!


Our Victory Lap for making it up and down the mountain!

I know this post has nothing to do with teaching, but I wanted to share in the adventure and accomplishment I had today!  Have a great rest of you day!

Rosie



No comments:

Post a Comment