Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Three days down...some motivation too!

I finished my first three full half days of school.  We start off the year with three half days to get the kids (and teachers) used to school.  We have our students until 12 pm each day and then we have meetings through the afternoon.  I have to say I had a great first three days.  I loved learning about my kids and seeing them interact with each other.  I also got to meet the other fifth grade class, who I will teach math and science to.  They are a fun bunch of kids too!  I have to say I am pretty pleased with how everything went!  Today, I am linking up with the fabulous Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching for her Sparking Student Motivation.  Today, I am going to go against the rules and not Spark Student Motivation, but Spark Staff Motivation.  (I hope she doesn't get mad!)


This year is turning out to be a crazy one at my school. We have a new principal (he was our assistant principal last year), a new assistant principal (she was a 6th grade teacher) and 90% new office staff.  You can only imagine the craziness we are dealing with, but God is good and the teacher are being patience.  

I am known for having chocolate in my desk all the time.  It is there for those times when you just need some.  Last year as a staff we were going through a hard time and I brought my box of candy to a staff meeting placed it on the table and told everyone to take some because it helped!  

Well with the start of school, I knew some of our staff needed something to get through the first week.  I made little chocolate emergency treats and placed them on teachers' desks in the morning.  Some teachers told me they were bound to have an emergency before the afternoon and were pretty sure it was going to be gone that day.  It was nothing major, but a little something to show them that I care and I am looking out for them!





Here is a picture of my emergency chocolate!

I did stock up on some candy for my desk drawer today.  I hope to be able to spread some cheer when times are tough at school with some chocolate because chocolate makes everything better!

Do you spread cheer to other teachers in your school? If so, what do you do?  I feel I am placed in a school not only for the students, but for the other staff members too.  God has me there for a reason, it might only be to provide chocolate!

Check out Joanne's blog for other motivating ideas!

Rosie


2 comments:

  1. I could never be mad at you! :O) And sparking teacher motivation is sparking student motivation! A motivated teacher is a motivated class! I love your emergency chocolate idea! I know a lot of people who could use this! I am totally stealing it! Thanks for sharing and linking up friend!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. There's nothing like chocolate to bond a group of teachers (or anyone, for that matter).

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete