1. Last week-end, I had the opportunity to go to Florida to watch one of my college roommates marry the man of her dreams. It was so much fun and I am so glad I went. I got to talk to many old friends, which was so nice. Some of us were sitting around the table and we realized we are grown-ups. When did that happen?
Her reception was at the Kennedy Space Center...so cool!
Old friends are the best!
The bride and I.
College friends...how did we get to be grown ups??
Me in front of a rocket! I look so tiny!
2. We went on our first field trip of the year this week to the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in New York City. It was a cold day, but beautiful day! The students had a blast and saw some amazing things. They learned how the ship was used in World War II and what life was like on the Intrepid. We also had the opportunity to see the Space Shuttle Enterprise, which for me was the major highlight!
The boys and Space Shuttle Enterprise
We found the machine guns!
Listening to our tour guide!
3. I am a little late to the party, but here is my November Currently!
Listening: I was cleaning my room and I just had the TV on in the background. It happens to be Saturday Night Live. I am really not paying attention to it!
Loving: I have been blessed with many friends who are absolutely wonderful. My friends are there to support me, pray for me and have fun with me! I thank God for the amazing friends I have.
Thinking: The marking period has ended and grades are due on Monday. I have a small paper to finish grading and then upload my grades! I need to finish up tomorrow or else! Why does everything happen when the marking period ends?
Wanting: I love Christmas and I want to decorate right now! I know it is early, but I just want to! My mom doesn't like that idea so we will not be decorating until Thanksgiving! I should begin a count down!
Needing: Sleep...do I need to say any more?
A Yummy Pin: Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins...I like to make muffins to take for breakfast...these are some yummy ones that I have made!
4. Thursday and Friday, I spent in Lancaster, PA at the MACSA teachers conference. I gained some great information to use in the classroom and on the basketball court. One of the most interesting things that came up was a statistic from The United States Department of Labor. It said that 65% of students in school will work at a job that has not been created yet. This is because of the technology change that is happening. I found that very interesting!
My favorite part of the conference was the time I spent with my co-workers in the car and at night having fun! We played an awesome game called Quelf...we laughed and laughed! It did not help it was late at night and we had been up since 4 am! I love bonding time!
There was a children's play area...yes we played!!!
5. I want to give an update to a post from a few weeks ago. I linked up with Joanne's Sparking Student Motivation and talked about decorating students' desks and cubbies (You can read about it HERE). One of my students put Christmas lights in his desk...well he has added more and now has a dangling snowman that changes color! His own disco ball!
WOW! That was a long post! Thanks for making it to the end! I hope you have a great rest of your week-end!