Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13- Let's Talk about Me!

Hello blogging friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Monday.  I am just a few short weeks from going back to school.  I am trying to enjoy the last little bit, while trying to get stuff done that I did not do all summer.  I am also preping for Vacation Bible School at my church next week.  It comes at a not great time, but I am going to push thru!


Today, I am linking up with Blog Hoppin for their Teacher Week '13 linky party. Each day is a different theme and today we are talking about ME!!!


1. I have run three half marathons in my life.  My dream is to run the Disney Marathon one day.  I would love to start training again, but being in the car commuting a distance does not make a running schedule very easy!


My best friend Kate and I running our first half marathon!  



2. I love Disney World.  It is one of my favorite places to go.  When I lived in Florida I had a season pass and would often go with my sister for dinner.



3. I love to watch sports.  I follow the Olympics had core.  I also enjoy college sports over professional sports.  I like to watch, read, listen to almost any sport!

4. I spent a month in The Netherlands last summer visiting my sister and her family.  They are missionaries in Nord Holland (North Holland).  It was an amazing adventure.



My nephew Charlie!


5. I love to quilt.  I have made close to 50 quilts.  I prefer to give them away, then keep them.

Two quilts I made...the one below some one paid me to make with their dogs bandanas.



6. I work on a lot of theatre in college.  I was the resident House Manager because it was the easiest job to have while being an education major.

7. I love to bake.  When I was stressed in college, I would bake.  I would sometimes spend eight hours on a Saturday baking.  

8. I have been in twelve weddings and not one of them was my own!  I have amazing friends that I am more then willing to be a bridesmaid for!




9. I worked for two years as a private tutor for a family that has 14 children.  They homeschooled all of their children and I worked with one of them.  It was an interesting experience, but wonderful for where I was in life at that moment.


Mary Theresa was my buddy!

10. I collect DVDs of TV shows...Gilmore Girls, How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Parenthood and Grey's Anatomy.  I watch them over and over.  They are perfect background noise when I am working on school things.


I hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit about me!  Don't forget to link up!

Rosie

1 comment:

  1. I love Disney World, too! I took my kids there for the first time this summer and can't wait to go back. Your quilts are beautiful!Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete