Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Five for Friday...Saturday Edition!

Hello Blogging Buddies!

I hope you all are having a fantastic Saturday!  I cannot believe I go back to school in less than two weeks.  This summer has flown buy and I am not sure if I am ready to go back to school.  I have to admit I have not done anything in my classroom yet...I know I am a bad teacher!  It actually worked out ok.  My classroom as of Friday was still not ready for me to move in.  They had not finished the floors yet.  I am praying it will be done Monday because I am coming whether it is done or not!  I have one week to put everything together. I have assembled my my team of helpers to come with me.  I am just praying I have motivation and do not get side tracked while working.  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their Five for Friday.


fiveforfriday2

Last week was Vacation Bible School at my church.  It was an exciting week with many fun activities each day.  Our theme was Kingdom Rock.  We talked about Standing Strong for the Lord in everything we do.  We transformed our church to be the inside of a castle, which was lots of fun!  Here are some pictures.


Draw bridge the kids had to walk over in order to get inside,


The chandeliers we made to hang throughout the church.


A chandelier waiting to be hung!




Banners hung around.


Registration was set up to be outside in the courtyard of the castle.



We even had a horse!


The kids brought in coins for missions and raised $1000.88!  Because they raised so much a few people got some pies in their face!


The kids had a blast and I enjoyed serving at church a lot.  I was a little sad to see the week come to an end because it ment school was coming soon and summer was over! 

Well, I must go help my mom in the kitchen...we are making about 15 quarts of tomato sauce and some other yummy foods!  Be on the look out for a back-school giveaway in the near future!

Rosie


1 comment:

  1. We had the same program for VBS! Our kids loved it too. So glad you guys had a great week.

    ReplyDelete