Today, I received a lovely email from Becky from Compassionate Teacher saying she nominated me for a Liebster Award. Liebster is German and means "dearest," "lovely," "cute," "beloved," and "welcome". What a great word! Since blogging is about creating community, this award is a fabulous way to spread the word about new blogs.
To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for your by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Blogs I have nominated:
Becky's Questions to me:
1. What was your favorite year in school? I would have to say third grade. My teacher Mrs. Klingman was so much fun! I loved the topics I was learning in school especially the social studies. We also got to paint a huge mural around the whole cafeteria. It was a sad year too, because my school was closing and I was going to be sent to another elementary school. I think my experiences in third grade made me love teaching third grade.
2. What do you miss most about being a kid? I miss not having a care in the world. I love being an adult, but I miss not having to worry about bills or major decisions you have to make. As a kid, you are free to play and have fun. An adult has responsibilities!
3. What story does your family always tell about you? My mom often reminds me when it is foggy outside that I used to called it crunchy. I told my students that when we were studying weather and they would say, 'Miss L. it is crunchy outside!'
4. Do you have a special talent? I can sew. I make quilts for fun and as presents. I also have made costumes and other things. People think it is amazing that I know how to sew!
5. Where's your favorite vacation spot? Disney World! I love Disney World. I am not sure I coul ever get tired of it! It would make me happy to live there!
6. Is there any grade you would NOT teach? Why? Middle School. I am not sure I could deal with the hormones. Fifth grade hormones we enough for me!
7. What is your favorite band/artist? My favorite band would have to be Tenth Avenue North. They are a christian band that came out of the college I went to. They are amazing guys with amazing hearts. I love turning on the radio and hearing their music on the radio. It makes my heart happy!
8. What's the number one played song on your iTunes? I would have to say...now don't laugh...the theme to Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse! I bought it and played it for my nephews over and over and over again. At one point I had a Charlie playlist in itunes and we would dance it out to the songs on his play list!
9. What's your favorite book? I have many favorite books a few are Muggie, Maggie by Beverly Clearly, Summer at Tiffany's by Marjorie Hart and Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
10. What's the best or worst date you've ever been on? I have actually never been on a date. It is weird, but I never have been on a date. I have also never been kissed. It may seem weird since I am 31, but I know God has the perfect man out there for me. One day he will sweep me off my feet and we will go on the perfect date! If God has other plans, I know that will be ok because I will be doing his will!
11. Who is your hero? Why? I would have to say my mom. She is my rock and she has gone through a lot in life, but has never given up. Times are not fantastic right now, but she is staying strong and trusting in God.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I went to five different schools with out moving once. All of the schools were in the same district too!
2. After I graduated from college, I decided I was done with education and did not want to be a teacher. I worked at a regional performing arts center in West Palm Beach, Florida in their education department.
3. When I lived in Jacksonville, I worked for a family that has 13 children and one more on the way. They home schooled their kids and I taught one of them.
4. Both my sisters and my brother graduated high school on my birthday.
5. I went to the International Reading Association Conference while I was in college and ended up winning over a thousand dollars in books from Scholastic.
6. I spent last summer in the Netherlands with my sister and her family. Rebecca and I also traveled to Paris for a few days. While in Paris, I had a phone interview for the school I taught at last year.
7. I have run three half marathons with my best friend Kate.
8. I graduated from a public high school with a class of 60.
9. In college to relieve my stress, I would bake cookies. Sometimes for eight hours on a Saturday!
10. I once was in the same movie theater as Donald Trump.
11. While working at the performing arts center, I did costumes for Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey, Audra McDonald and others.
Questions to my nominees:
1. What was your favorite subject in school?
2. What was your favorite vacation?
3. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
4. What is your dream country to visit?
5. What is your favorite college memory?
6. Who was your favorite college professor and what did they teach?
7. What is your favorite part about back to school?
8. What United States city have you spent the most time in?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. If you could be another profession, what would it be?
11. What is your favorite room in your house?
Well, that is all for tonight! It was a long post, but well worth it!